Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Cool Animation on Composting


I found a cool flash animation on composting on this site.
They also have a lot of good recommendations on how to make a good compost. I learned that you can reduce the stench of your compost by adding brown materials like leaves, straw, hay, and shredded newspaper so that your compost is less compacted and wet. I think I will add some shredded newspaper to my compost. My compost really reeks and mushrooms are starting to grow all throughout it. I'm not an expert on this, but be careful of the mushrooms that grow in your compost. They can be poisonous and inhaling the spores when you stir the compost can make you feel sick. Fungi is part of the decomposition process, but I think mine is growing mushrooms because it is too wet. There's a good article with pictures on how good compost should look like here.

No comments: