Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trudge, trudge, trudge

It snowed all night so I woke to a white, white world. The roads by my house remained unshovelled, and no bus would attempt to go where I lived. So I decided to climb the hill - a tall, winding road where the road was shovelled at the expense of the sidewalk. Trudge, trudge, trudge... it wasn't so bad at first. Many people had walked the beginning part of the hill. Trudge, trudge, trudge... there started to be fewer footsteps to follow. By the time I was half-way up the hill, all the other pedestrian footsteps had dispersed and short-legged me had only what appeared to be a very tall-legged person's footsteps to follow. I would safely land in a deep footstep only to discover that the next dent in the snow was much too far away! Then, when cars sped by, large blobs of wet, brown slush would shower over me. Egad!

A kindly lady slowed down and asked if I wanted a ride, but I politely declined. To be truthful, it was rather fun to be marching in knee-high snow despite how difficult and messy it was. Sometimes, when the cars were clear of the road, a calm would settle over the area because the snow muffled all the noise. All the trees looked so pretty, and small, skinny, leaf-less trees looked like giant, delicate snowflakes.

No comments: