Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Sad Chick

When I was little, my parents bought us 10 baby quails from PNE. By the luck of the draw there was one tiny, weak, and blind one. When the other babies went to bed, he would cry. I'm not sure if it was because someone was squashing him or because he was hungry. He couldn't see the food bowl so he just pecked blindly at the floor.

I would hear him crying and I'd go pick him out from the hay where he was hidden and hold him. This little chick by Squishy Cute Stuff reminds me of him a lot.

4 comments:

Deborah Lambson said...

oh that's so sad..I have memories of little chickies as well but not nearly so sweet. Did you know cute little fuzzy chicks are cannibals?!..well they are. I learned this when I was about 8 and refused the highly sought after chore of feeding the chicks ever after..:)

Anonymous said...

What a sad story!

Mytutorlist.com said...

I never knew cute little fuzzy chicks could be cannibals... I mean, all mine ever ate were seeds and grain... oh dear!

Anonymous said...

Aww! What a little cutie! That story reminds me of Fern and Wilbur. :) I'm glad he had you to take are of him!