I noticed this cutting was also less droopy.
I gently eased them out of the soil with my "fake" dibber (a thin spoon handle) and plopped them into a bowl of water. I always transfer cuttings into a bowl of water. I like to keep them fresh while I work or examine them, and the water gives them a good drink.
After a quick rinse, I noticed something new sprouting from the bottom of the cuttings.
Yes, they were roots! They are still very little, but it was enough to give the leaves a more lively look. I hated seeing them looking droopy. I always worried that I didn't water them enough and that they would dry up. However, it looks like they are okay after all.
These two little cuttings have a new beginning as their very own plant. I am really delighted. I'm going to give them away to my friends since fresh rosemary is a lovely thing for cooking. These pictures were actually taken a week ago, so they have grown more roots since then and the bent over rosemary has straightened up more and is even more fresh looking now. Hurray!
New roots on cuttings make me happy. Once I have success with a new variety, I make lots of them. I think I'll make some more rosemary. They take an awful long time at 4 weeks compared with 2 or less for the impatiens, but they are perennials and can probably last the winter. They're also useful, and that's a plus! Perhaps my co-workers will like some.