Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Valentines Day Soiree

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day, and a very happy Chinese New Year! Last night, my brother and sister put together a really lovely Valentine's Day dinner, and I wanted to show you some pictures from it.
A friend came over ahead of time and helped to decorate. The table was covered with a heart-themed table cloth, red heart shaped doilies, and red napkins. In the center line were tea lights, a potted orchid, and some origami paper love boats (I'll show you later how to make these).Our glass were filled with sparkling beverages, and they gleamed prettily in the candlelight. It's all very romantic in setting, but it was not for couples only. We wanted to just have a fun time with our friends.The appetizer, Ahi tuna with avocado, was gorgeous. My brother and sister really wowed the guests with how far they went in terms of presentation on this dish.My sister, the culinary genius, baked heart shaped pizzas using her own homemade dough. She even stuffed the crust with cheese. It was super delicious.
Here's a close up. Yum! There was also lasagna besides the pizza.
For dessert, there were glazed strawberry tarts. They were so good!
You could choose between white chocolate or milk chocolate topping.
... and my brother came around with whipped cream to garnish. Of course, mine had a giant mound :)
He also scooped some mini scoops of strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla ice cream for me. So cute!My sister had hers separately in her finished tart tin with a little dollop of whipped cream on top. I swear, every thing is nicer by candle light!
And here is the elaborate version of my Valentine's Day Origami Love Boat. This one went to my sweetie. The ones decorating the tables were just the boat with the heart on top.

I hope you all had a wonderful time with your loved ones and dear friends!

No comments: