Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Fabric Stash from Patalier

If you think my life is all gloom and doom right now, that's not totally correct. Some good things DO happen, and here's one of them:
If you can believe it, ALL of that fabric came in the mail the other day. A neat box filled to the brim with fabric! The fabric on the bottom was expected, but ALL of those smaller pieces of fabric were unexpected.

I just want to send out a HUGE thank you to Patty from Patalier for sending me these wonderful vintage and new fabrics. I was sooooooo surprised when I opened the box. In fact, I was confused. "I don't remember ordering these..." I pulled the fabric strips out of the box and discovered the pretty vintage fabrics I had ordered underneath. When I realized that she had simply sent me the fabric strips as a gift to feed my fabric scrap obsession, I was really moved.
They look so pretty all stacked up on my dresser, and the fuzzy edges look soft and friendly.

They didn't actually arrive that way. They were perfect, crisp fabrics protected in clear plastic.

However, I had an incident where I became allergic to some of the fabrics sent to me from a shop owner that had pets, so I now insist on washing all of the fabrics sent to me before I work with them, whether they have pets or not. I figure that someone with allergies will appreciate this extra precautionary step because I have essentially "saved" them from getting allergic. That is, unless they are allergic to laundry detergent and fabric softener. I use only half a sheet of gentle fabric softener since I seem to be allergic to everything.
It's more work to wash all of the fabrics, and I have to trim all the edges afterwards to remove all the threads that become loosened. Perhaps Patty will cry when she sees that I have washed her perfect fabrics and made the edges fuzzy, but don't worry Patty, once I trim them all and iron them out, they shall look perfect once more. If it makes you feel any better, I used the gentle settings! :P Oh, and the fabric smelled wonderful when it arrived. If I wasn't so paranoid, I wouldn't have washed them so I could have preserved the scent.

Do you see the giant ball of threads that I have collected thus far? It looks too fascinating to throw away.

If you ever need an awesome quilt or pretty vintage fabrics, Patalier is a lovely shop to buy from.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

randi said...

what a wonderful stack! happy sewing!

Mytutorlist.com said...

Thanks! I'm pretty thrilled :)

LEFTZ said...

soooo jealous!