Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Meeting famous people

I had the pleasure of meeting and chatting with Peter Mensah yesterday. Memorable acting roles for Peter include being the messenger in 300 (he says, "This is madness!" and Gerard Butler kicks him into the pit) and being General Sam Grellar in The Incredible Hulk. I was surprised to discover that he is a super nice guy, easy to talk to and very amiable. He's the first famous person that I've met that I actually recognize, so I was very delighted and honoured to be able to talk with him as though he was just another person instead of a famous person. I have met other famous people before, mainly athletes, but because I'm not much of a sports fan, I had no idea how famous they were or who they were at all. I suppose, in some ways, it's better not to know. Then you can just walk up, say hello, and be oblivious to just how lucky you are to be hanging out with them. It's only later, when someone says, "Oh, wow!" that you realize what slipped by right under your nose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very cool.