Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pigeon Egg Spotted!

Yes, the sweet day has arrived - an egg has been laid! See Mama Pigeon sitting beside her eggling. I think most pigeons lay two eggs so it's possible that what you see is the dud and the good egg is under her. I'm not sure though. I can't really explain why she's sitting beside it instead of on top of it.

It may be that she's new at this motherly stage in life. As you can see, her nest is quite sparse. I was under the impression that the collection of scattered grasses was just a nest-in-progress, but that doesn't appear to be the case...

Papa Pigeon is lurking under the platform that I'm standing on. He's a bit camera shy. When I turned my camera upon him, he backed up quickly so that I all I could see was his reflection on the glass. Hehehe...

I'm sorry that I've been absent for a few days. Work has been really busy and I've had some logos for Tiggle Wiggle baby products to deliver. Here they are!
















I also snapped some pictures of dandelions with snow on top from the weekend. Our Spring weather is including some cold snaps, but it makes for some pretty pictures.










This is my silver nettle plant. I was bike riding when I was little and saw this plant growing up the side of a tree. It looked beautiful to me so picked a small vine and planted it under the tree outside my house. It grows beautifully, but I have discovered that it is literally impossible to get rid of. I once mowed it down, dug it up, did everything I could to get rid of it. But it always grew back. I finally gave in and just let it be. Now I rather enjoy it's wild, indestructible nature. It does look lovely, no?

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

I love the cuddle buddy logo! Those bunnies are too cute...

The pigeon "nest" is an odd one indeed...I mean, there's just not really a nest there at all...strange. I hope that the we birdies will be OK without something soft to hatch into!