Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sunny Spring Weather

It's absolutely spectacular outside today - full sun and 21 degrees Celsius. I took advantage of the great weather to do some gardening. I planted some green beans and butter squash with seeds left over from last year's crop, and some Kumquat orange seeds. I have no idea if the orange seeds will grow, but it would be really cool if they did! There was also some transplanting to do and a LOT of cleaning.

While I was digging around in the garden, I came across a squishy grub, probably a beetle larva of some sort. I took some pictures of him before he buried his way back into the soil.







I am also happy to see some tiny blue flowers reappearing in my lawn. One year, the entire lawn was light blue because of these little flowers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful blue flowers! And I bet that grub felt very fortunate that you buried him carefully! I might have been a shrieker! ;)

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!!

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hi Blaze! Thanks! I actually go "eewww!" every time I look at that grub's photo, but I also find it really interesting. Hehehe...