Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Friday, May 9, 2008

Etsy Store Countdown #3

Designing a store banner

So I started on my store banner.

I sat down, drew what I wanted in pencil, inked it with my handy pigma micron pen, scanned it into the computer, started colouring it...

And then I stopped.

Wait, what size is the banner supposed to be? I checked the Etsy site - 760x100 pixels. Ack! I knew what was coming. I reduced the image size down to 760x100 and, sure enough, it was a blurry mess. Nooooooooo! I felt like Darth Vader in that monumental (and inadvertently funny) scene after he discovers that Padme is dead.

Not to be stopped, I opened up Flash and began to redo all of my work. This time in vector format. Sneaky, oh-so-sneaky! Now I can scale it to any size. Yesssss... my plan to take over the world, er, start an Etsy store is slipping into place perfectly :P

Well, I know what I'll be doing this weekend. I hope you have a great one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait till the site's up and running!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I'm so excited for your etsy store! I'm looking forward to seeing this banner! :)