Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all the mums out there have a very happy Mother's Day!

I took mine out yesterday for a shopping extravaganza.

We started with some dim sum. There was some very fragrant tea with our meal, a type of oolong and rose tea that didn't go bitter even when steeped for a long time. It was nice to sit and chat with mum, and the food was tasty. She bumped into a friend of hers and was so delighted to tell them that I was taking her out for a shopping date today. It made me feel warm and fuzzy to know that mum was happy to be spending some quality time with me.

Then we went from shop to shop, trying to find some nice, new things for her. She ended up with a new dressy top and a pair of jeans. We also found a very versatile cotton-textured jacket. The jacket was a lovely bright salmon rose colour with quarter-length sleeves, something she could casually wear with a pair with jeans or dress up with dress pants. It was rather pricey, but it looked so good on her that I couldn't resist.

Shopping with mum is fun. It's a little harder to know what shapes, cutting, fit, and styles will work on her since there is also the issue of age-appropriate clothing, but I was delighted to discover some clothing lines that seem to be made perfectly for her.

I look forward to the next time when I'll hit the malls with mum. But it'll probably be next year. I don't think my bank account can support shopping like this on a regular basis! :P

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

That sounds like a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I bet your mom had a wonderful time with you!!!