Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Time to Play!

After a quick trip to the craft store, I was ready to make my first (official) Unloved Monster Paper Doll. I'm telling you now, it's super fun. I carefully cut out each limb, his body, and his bow.

Unloved Monster tried to help me too once he was free. He was eager to meet his new, yellow birdie friends!

Then we cut out the big, lacy heart (which was a little more difficult since I wanted all the ruffles to be perfect). Then, out came the brand new, shiny gold brads! Unloved was so excited (as was I).

I took a big pearl pin (which Unloved was not really too thrilled about) and poked all the little circles where the brads would fit through. Luckily, Unloved didn't feel a thing because he's made of paper! Phewf!

It was easy to push the brads through. I purposely put his limbs behind his body instead of in front. Then I attached his bow. After that, Unloved was all smiles (well, inside he was smiling anyways). And he tumbled around on the paper, playing with his birdie friends. What a great fellow!

Want to make your own Unloved Monster? He's waiting for you in the shop!

4 comments:

Totally Timmy said...

What a great idea and so colourful! Do you use illustrator od Photoshop to make your creations?

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hi Totally Timmy! This particular drawing was made in Macromedia Flash! I'm one of the odd artists that actually likes to draw in that program. I *should* learn to use Illustrator instead, but I just get frustrated and go back to Flash :)

Cathy from said...

That is soooo cute! It would be neat if you Made more with different faces and clothes to sell as a booklet like those cut-out doll books? I always got one of those when I was sick.
Cathy, Wire and Wool

Mytutorlist.com said...

That's not such a bad idea. Now you've got me thinking...