Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Pumpkin Quilt Carving

I've been obsessed with quilts lately (as you may have noticed).  So when it came to carving my Halloween pumpkin... well, it became a quilt.
I started off with a normal pumpkin.
 Well, it wasn't completely normal.  I like to pick the funny looking ones.
 I drew out the design with a pencil and pointed metal thing, and then I began to carve the design out.
 It wasn't easy.  I used a small paring knife and x-acto knife mostly.
 It has some issues since the image curves around the sides... but it looks great lit up!
  Here's my funny skeleton.
 A witch's hat.
 The notorious black cat.
 A pumpkin!  (on a pumpkin no less!)
 A bat!
 Now my pumpkin quilt sits brightly lit on my porch.
I hope you all have a happy Halloween time!

No comments: