Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Spring Butterflies

I looked outside today and saw some pretty butterflies fluttering about my heather bush.
I grabbed my camera and snuck outside for some photos.  (Oxana, I think you might like this post!)
 As one of the few flower bushes around this time of year, this flowering bush is very popular.  There was a giant bumblebee buzzing about as well as numerous other pollinating insects.
 The butterfly flitted about the bush.
 The underside of its wings were a non-descript brown.
 But the top of its wings were a reddish brown.
It looked quite nice against the pinkish purple flowers. 
 The edge of the wings were bordered with white, and there was a row of dark purple with pale bluish/purple spots.
As it sat on the bush, it would open and close its wings.  It reminded me of the butterflies on Sesame Street or The Muppets.  It was kind of surreal.
 
 It stayed for quite a while before finally fluttering away.  I hope it comes back soon.

I hope you are enjoying the nice weather.

1 comment:

Oxana said...

Yeah, I did like this post :)
Thanks! I especially love bumblebees :)