Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Over the Rainbow Bridge

It's hard to have no hedgehog.

Ever since Poggles passed away, it is hard passing by his cage every day.  His linens are cleaned and I have piled them and all his belongings inside the cage.  I guess you could say the cage is full, but it seems emptier than it has ever been before to me.

I find it hard to go outside to look at his grave.  It is something I dread.  I cannot believe that my little friend is outside.  He was always inside before.  I think about how it must be cold outside.  When it rains, I think about how he is getting all wet.  It makes my heart break.  It does not seem right.  I want him inside where it is warm and dry.

I don't want to talk about how I miss my hedgehog to other people.  I don't think they will understand.  People say that it is okay to lose a pet, that it only matters and is irreplaceable when it is a person that is gone.  They are wrong though.  It hurts just as much to lose a pet.  In some ways, it hurts more.  Your pet is the perfect friend when you are sad, and now that perfect friend is gone when you need them most.  How do you tell your perfect friend that you miss them when they are dead?

Other people around me tell me about their problems and I am only half-listening.  I am sorry to say that I don't care right now.  I am sorry to say that I am going to be the worst friend ever in the next while.  Please understand.  I just need some time to grieve.  I just want to think about Poggles.

So please be patient with me for a little while.  I have lost a little friend that meant a lot to me, and I don't think I will be okay for now.  I just want to cry for a little while.

xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and Poggles. I understand the pain of losing an animal. Honestly, I've loved my pets more than some people! I hope that you will soon look back at the wonderful memories you had with Poggles and be comforted.

Almost Precious said...

It will take time for the pain in your heart to ease. In the meantime dwell on the many moments of joy that you shared with little Poggy and rest assured that he is in a very happy place and is loved by our Lord and the angels.

Anonymous said...

Commenting in 2022.

As someone who just lost their beloved hedgehog Kujo, who lived until 5 years old and was easily my partner and I's best friend, I find your blog post relatable and touching. It is some of the worst emotional pain I've ever felt.

Your post is old but if you are reading this, i hope you've made more best hedgehog friends and i hope you are looking back on Poggles with a smile of your memories.