Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Friday, December 12, 2014

Gathered Coin Pouch Tutorial with Templates

A family member requested a small coin pouch that could hold ID and credit cards and would look nice for putting into her purse at parties.  I felt that my usual coin pouches were too casual looking and I wanted something a little prettier since she said it was for dressing up.
I came across the gathered clutch tutorial by Noodlehead, I liked the look of the gathered fabric with a band across it, so I created my own pattern for a smaller coin purse.
I chose a large patterned floral fabric that I thought was suitable for a dressier look.  My family member seems to like her red purses, so I figured I would go with something with red in it while not being overpoweringly so.  Rather than have a different coloured band, I went with a band in the same fabric for a more subtle, dressier look.
The end result is rather appealing.  I added a satin ribbon in a matching bronze colour to dress it up a little more.
The back I left simple.  The fabric was pretty enough that I didn't feel the need to make it so complicated on both sides.
I created a tutorial with templates.  If you would like to make a gathered coin pouch of your own, you can download the pattern instantly from my store.  The pattern is 15 pages, has lots of photos, and has easy-to-follow instructions.

Happy Sewing!

xoxo

No comments: