Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Poggy in the Spring - Coping

It has been 5 months since Poggy has been gone.  I stopped by his grave today and left some flowers.  Poor fellow, I wonder what he's doing in Hedgehog Heaven? 
While he might be long gone, his mealworms are doing great.  With no one to eat them, they are multiplying like crazy.  I wish Poggy was around to eat them up  :P  Those lucky living bugs.
Work and wedding plans have been going well in the meanwhile.  I only work part time, but it's enough to give me a good glimpse into the real life of a nurse.  It's a lot different than I thought it would be.  I get to help people every time I go to work, but I have also seen a lot of death since I've started.  I've also seen a lot of blood.  It's unsettling to see so much blood.

I feel like Lady Macbeth at times looking down at my hands and wondering if my hands will ever be clean.  "Out, damned spot! out, I say!... /Here's the smell of the blood still: /All the perfumes of Arabia will not sweeten this little Hand. /Oh, oh, oh!"
I miss Poggy.  I used to find it comforting after a hard day to come home to my sweet little friend.  It made me feel so much better.  Now he is gone and I have no one to give me the same kind of comfort.  Who would have guessed such a prickly, anti-social creature could have made me feel so much better?  He was better than the most bitter medicine.
 Sometimes I reach out at night and put my hand on the pillow where he used to sleep beside me when I took naps after a long, hard day of work.  I used to be able to cup my hand on him and he would snuff at me, but let me leave my hand there as we both rested.  We had a good time together, he and I.  It was a good relationship. 

I hope one day I will have a little hedgehog like him again.  It won't be for a while since I have so much wedding planning and travelling over the next while, but hopefully one day it will happen again.

Hello and goodbye, little one.  I hope you are happy wherever you are.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

Gorgeuos flowers.

We used to have hedgehog visitors quite regularly but I haven't seen any for a couple of years. Don't know why.