Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Friday, January 4, 2008

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I hope all of you have had a lovely holiday! Mine has been absolutely fabulous. I spent a lot of time with my family and friends and have been sleeping and eating lots. There's nothing like good rest and good food to make one feel better. I'm still doing some recuperating, but it's great to have moved smoothly into a new year! Happy 2008 to you all!

New stuff for the new year:
1. I came across an interesting and quite unusual blog - a running shoe blog. I would never have dreamed that such a thing could exist, but running shoe aficionados are out there. I was surprised to discover that running shoes can be quite artistic. Here's the link.

2. Laser eye surgery. Did you know that you can walk into the laser eye center and walk out about 30 minutes later with almost 20/20 vision. Yes, it's true. I tested this theory out over the holidays so you can ask me about it if you are interested in getting this procedure done for yourself. I have to admit that I was quite scared before and after. However, results are good so far. It has been 2 weeks so far and I'm now back to blogging (while wearing stylishly hideous black sunglasses that cover most of my face. Ironically, my mother wants to know where she can find sunglasses like mine. She's already got dibs on the ones I'm currently sporting once I'm done with them...)

3. Apology to those that received Christmas cards from me this year. I wrote them when I was recovering from laser eye and I could only see what I was writing if I wrote REALLY BIG. I probably fit a Merry Christmas in and not much else. I really meant to say more, but the card didn't have enough space... ahem... :P

Well, that's all I have to say for the new year so far. I was rather melancholy for the first few days, but I have decided that waiting for another Christmas, Halloween, and New Year is something rather cheerful to look forwards to. Some happy days with loved ones has also given my new year a turn for the best.

Cheers,
Marie

No comments: