Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Boathouse in Port Moody

I had the most fabulous dinner tonight. It was absolutely one of the best I have ever had.

First of all, the view on the patio deck was spectacular. Roses lined the garden in front of me, and it looked out onto the waters of beautiful Rocky Point Park. We made our menu choices based on the recommendations of our waitress, Brittany, and enjoyed a refreshing Boathouse Bellini. The Sweet Chili Chicken drenched in sweet and spicy sauce soon arrived along with some dill seasoned Classic Calamari. The accompanying tzatziki sauce and (mystery?) sauce were perfectly paired with the calamari and I was surprised to feel almost full after eating just the appetizers alone. This is rather unusual for fine dining as I'm used to the appetizers being beautiful, but tiny.

Our main course took some time before arriving so we had plenty of time to chat and watch boaters launch their crafts. It was nice to be viewing the docks from a different perspective as I frequently stroll there watching the diners at The Boathouse.

My friend's Westcoast Seafood Paella arrived in a cast iron skillet and it looked delicious. There were chorizo sausages mixed in with clams, mussels, halibut, salmon, shrimp, onions, and long green beans. Underneath, saffron rice was waiting, quietly absorbing the aromatic juices from the seafood above. It was really good.

My Miso Crusted Halibut was a sight to behold with it's golden exterior contrasted by the black pepper teriyaki sauce. The texture of the rice worked perfectly with the halibut, and the zucchini was flavourful.

Well-satiated by our delicious main course, we moved onto the final, most important part of our meal - dessert. It was a no-brainer to choose the mocha almond ice cream pie, and there was no turning back afterwards. I have never had a more delicious dessert in my life. Honey roasted almond slivers generously crowned a mocha ice cream pie on a chocolate cookie crust, drizzled with fudge. It was heavenly.

I will definitely be back again at The Boathouse in Port Moody.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! Those pictures look delicous! Yum!!! I am so hungry now! Thanks! ;P