Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Toadstools, Felt Owls, and my first sale

I was delighted to discover today that my first felt doll, Sylvie, will soon have a new home. I took her down from the shelf, gave her her very own hand-drawn tag, and began to package her up.

It seems fitting that my first felt doll is also my first Etsy store sale. Today is a very special day for me. I think the very best part is that Sylvie will go to someone that I like and care about - it's funny how you come to care about the people that you meet online. (Carla, I'm going to make sure Sylvie is packaged up very nicely for you. I'll let you know once she's in the mail so that you can keep an eye out for it!)

Thanks to everyone who has been celebrating with me!

In getting things ready to send Sylvie off, I also updated my store with 4 new bookmarks - one of felt owls flying in the sky, one of red and white toadstools on grassy green patches, one of purple cats with striped tails, and one of felt owls flying about a patch of red and white toadstools.

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just as excited to be giving Sylvie a new home! Take care.

Erin said...

Congrats! It's so exciting when you have your first Etsy sale :)

Chickenbells said...

How wonderful for you!! Congratulations...

Anonymous said...

congratz! I was wondering if you would write about your first sale :) I'm glad you did!

Anonymous said...

I love the new bookmarks, and Congrats on your new sale! What a wonderful feeling!! ;)

xo!