Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Reflections on Semester Three

It's amazing how soon a semester ends, a holiday comes and goes, and another semester begins again.  Someone slow down time a little!!!

So let's reflect on the last semester and see how went.

Babies and Mommies
Well, I finally saw the little babies get born.  They were a lot bigger than I expected them to be at birth and a whole lot cuter to cuddle.  Moms turned out to be braver and more formidable than I expected, and the birthing process was a whole lot messier and scarier.  I don't look forward to giving birth.  At the same time, I'm comforted that God designed women to be able to handle this very frightening process, and to be extremely good at being moms  :)  There's hope after all.

Magical Humans
In terms of surgery, humans are magical creatures and medical science is amazing.  I rather liked working in surgery, and I better!  I'll be working in Medicine all semester coming up.

So, what can I say?


Thank You, Nurses
I think I still like nursing.  That's good.  I get tired sometimes though.  I get to do all this good for people, but it's draining.  The work is hard and it's super stressful to get through the classes, assignments, exams, and mastery courses.  It's not all roses, that's for sure.  We should all be thankful for nurses.  They work really hard to make sure we get better when we're sick.  Oh, and they work really hard in school to make sure they become good nurses in the first place!!!

When In Doubt, Choose "C"
I was relieved to find out that I had passed all my courses.  One exam really kicked me in the butt, and I was terrified that I had failed it.  Fortunately, "C" was the correct answer for all of the questions I didn't know (just joking!), and I finished with mastery, two B+'s, and one A-.  Hurray!  Onwards to Semester 4!

Next Semester
I got assigned to the hospital I had wanted for this coming semester, and I hear that my teacher is excellent.  It looks to be a good start.  However, this is rumoured to be one of the killer semesters where they really test you.  We'll be given really difficult cases to care for in the hospital, and they expect us to apply all of the knowledge we have learned so far.  It should be interesting.

Sigh, so the holiday ends January 4th.  It was a really good break.  I'll tell you about it in a bit.

Enjoy the rest of yours, and good luck for the new year!

Cheers!
My Nursing School Diary

1 comment:

Totally Timmy said...

Sounds like you are doing great. I'm sure you cab handle anything they toss your way. Being a nurse cannot be easy but thankfully there are people like you out there willing to help us when we need it most.
Good luck on the new term!