Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The First Days Of Nursing School

Only two days have passed since nursing school started, but I'm already relieved to have a day off! What a rush it has been!

Something about the excitement of going back to school after years of work and all of the information being thrown at me was incredibly exhausting. I wanted to absorb and process absolutely everything and to be prepared, but I felt that I was fast slipping under the lists of readings, assignments, and expectations. New teachers, new students, new environment, new tasks... oh boy!

Oh! And boys! They are so young! They still talk about high school! High school was a long time ago for me... but they don't seem to realize that yet. Ramble, ramble, ramble, in high school I did this, ramble, ramble... oh dear.

So I sit myself in the library, hidden away in some quiet room, scrambling to organize myself. So... much... reading... quizzes... assignments... ugh!

But today was a day off, so I slept in until 8:30am (which is late since I have to wake at 5:45am for school), and it felt so good! :) Well rested, I did my stretches, had PIE for breakfast (thanks, sis!), and settled in for some catching up on emails and blogging. Once that's done, I'll pull out the school books and start organizing again. I spent a good number of hours organizing at school yesterday so two courses are done, but I have two more courses to organize today. By organizing, I mean writing all the due dates for different readings, quizzes, and assignments in my planner, and starting on the initial assignments. Once I'm done with that, I'll have to actually do all of the assignments due for next week, and do all of the required readings.

I hate to admit it, but when they told me nursing school was hard, I didn't really believe them. I thought, magically, that I would be better equipped to deal with these stresses having come from a good university background. Unfortunately, I'm out of practice.

Let it be said though that I am still very excited to have started nursing school. I am really, really thrilled to be in this new role as a nursing student. A poor lady was lost in the school yesterday and I helped her locate the security guard so she could find what she was looking for. She told me that I was very nice to stop and help her. I thought to myself, "You're in the nursing building. How badly off could you be? It's full of students that want to spend their whole lives helping people just like you..."
My Nursing School Diary

4 comments:

John Toft Basketry said...

Recently, every where I go I am surrounded by nurses. When I had my heart attack, the first person I stopped for help on the Trans-Canada Trail was a nurse. Now when I take part in a walking program, there are at least three nurses also in the same program. And at choir practice, there are nurses there too.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Lol, perhaps you're a nurse-magnet, John!

I do notice that there are a lot of nurses around me now that I have started to bring up the topic of nursing. I guess they were always there, but I just never knew.

Flowers said...

I'm sending you every bit of energy and hope and good will I can. I love nursing and I'm so glad you're going into the profession.

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hi Flowers!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the good wishes! I'm so happy to hear that you love nursing. I hope I will love it too!

By the way, your blog is very cool. I stopped by to read it and it's great how you're sharing all the information you're learning on how to make resin jewelery with pressed flowers. I love all the advice on how to fix bloopers too.